Editor's note: The following police reports were obtained after filing a Freedom of Information Act request.
• Lisa A. Beach, 45, of the 1900 block of Springside Drive, Plainfield, was charged Jan. 12 with driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.08%.
• Daniel J. Ziobrowski, 30, of the 6W900 block of Main Street, Elburn, was taken into custody Jan. 7 on two 2016 warrants from St. Charles police for failure to appear in court on charges of driving with a suspended license. Sugar Grove police cited him for not having a valid registration and a driver’s license that expired in October 2019.
• The Village Laundry, 91 Sugar Lane, reported Jan. 6 an attempted burglary. The company’s surveillance cameras were spray painted and an attempt was made to drill the key locks on two of the change machines, according to police reports.
• A mini bike valued at $600 was reported stolen Jan. 2 from in front of the Sugar Grove Motel, 1650 Highway 30.
• Carla N. Rosario Lopez, 20, of the 00 block of Inland Circle, Naperville, was charged Jan. 1 with domestic battery.
• Philip S. Szukis, 71, of the 1300 block of East Dresser Road, DeKalb, was charged Feb. 2 with driving under the influence, driving with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.08% and improper lane use.
• Eileen M. Miller, 60, of the 00 block of Cedar Gate Circle, Sugar Grove, was charged Jan. 23 with driving under the influence, improper lane use and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. According to reports, police were called to South Main Street and Cross Street where a caller to Tri-Com Central Dispatch that a snowplow truck had been hit by a Chevrolet Impala and he believed the driver was intoxicated. Miller later refused to provide a breath sample, the report stated.
• The BP Amoco Grove Stop, 11 Waubonsee Drive, reported a retail theft Jan. 23 of two chocolate milk shakes valued at $7.11 with tax.
• Dakota M. Barringer, 23, of the 3600 block of North Keeler Avenue, Chicago, was taken into custody Jan. 17 on a DuPage County warrant for failure to appear in court for a traffic offense. According to reports, police came to the aid of a stranded motorist – Barringer – who was in a ditch off Route 56/Galena Boulevard following a heavy snow.